Monday, November 28, 2011

Day Two on the Mat

Marathon 
26.2 miles
30 minute - 4 hour training sessions
Rain or shine

Bikram Yoga
26 poses
90 minute sessions
105 degrees farenheit

I'm wide awake. Maybe all the heat, the standing poses, and the compression poses have really activated everything internally. Something's happening in there.

I walked into the room tonight and found two yogi's doing headstands. Still and elegant as ever. One man, one woman. This is after they finish 90 minutes. I sit beside them and wait for them to finish before I lay my mat out. When they get up, I see that the man is in his 60s and the woman is too. They look fabulous. Glowing skin, impeccable posture, flexibility, and strength. Let me say it again - strength.

Inspired. I was inspired. I think its fine to focus on yoga this year and give running marathons a rest.

So day two on the mat was awesome. I had a wonderful night there and while in savasana, looked up. I don't like the lighting or the ceiling much at this studio, but then of course, they've painted some of the panels.

I see
Blue sky
White Clouds
The word Joy

Namaste, indeed.

1 comment:

I'll Have Another said...

I bought a 10 class pass for Bikram yoga back in LA. I only used up 3 and let the rest go to waste. I LOVED the feeling of finishing. I just was horrible at getting myself there.