Sunday, July 01, 2012

Oh July, Finally

July, I made it.

Life has finally slowed down enough for me to breathe a little, relax, and write, just for myself. It might just be for tonight, but I'm thankful for it.

I'm writing on my new MacBook Pro. I. Love. It. 

I was very much a pc girl for years until I began teaching and was introduced to Apple. Every public school I've worked for has assigned me a MacBook. In June however, I accepted a teaching position at another charter school and found to my surprise that they use pc laptops instead of MacBooks. I'm sure it was inappropriate, but I think I gasped and had my mouth open in shock for several minutes when human resources told me this. That was when I realized that for the last five years, I've left my pc laptop at home completely untouched and knew immediately, that I was most likely, never going to touch it again. So tonight, I bought my first MacBook. And again - I. Love. It.

That's all for now. Just a short post to get warmed up. Tomorrow I begin my second round of the Writing Project at Cal State L.A. and plan on doing my daily journal writing online instead of in my paper journal.

Lots of positive change and new beginnings. Woo hoo!

No comments: