Sunday, October 14, 2012

Teach Sleep Run Repeat

Teach
Sleep
Run
Repeat

The amazing thing about life lately is, I sleep. I've been sleeping at least 7-8 hours a night. Sleeping is doing wonders. I don't think I slept for the duration of the PLI program. 15 months without rest. How did I manage that? Now...

I have and can remember my dreams, vividly.
I drink coffee because I want to, not because I have to.
My skin is happier.
My eyes, are open =)
I feel energized.
I can feel my emotions.

It's amazing. It's a revelation. So the sleeping I think, is the most wonderful recent change in my life. The other changes, are wonderful too, but require more work and is taking a longer time for me to acclimate and get use to - teaching at a new school and starting to run regularly again.

The two things I love the most and that I have the most experience with, are currently, my biggest challenges. I think that's what it is. I'm supposed to be a seasoned teacher by now and I'm supposed to be a seasoned runner too - but the reality for me is, I still have a lot of room to grow, a lot of work to do, a lot of miles to log in. I haven't reached the 10,000 hour mark yet, I'm not an expert yet. Gasp, I'm not perfect and perfect is always what I want.

And, on top of it all - I want to get that home bought once and for all AND I want to be in Hawaii, rocking a white bikini.

I'm not going to give up. I believe I'll get there - to the finish line and into that white bikini. I'll keep you posted.

No comments: